Meditation for modern minds
Dates: Mondays 15 Feb - 19 April.
No class Easter Monday.
Time: 6.15 - 7.15 pm - In person
Location: Pure Yoga Home Studio, Torbay
Casual attendance available if places available
Online via zoom option - available by request.
$20 per class.
Book in directly through Pure Yoga on firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditation Course - Cultivating Inner Silence.
Being able to observe the mind without getting caught up in its stories and dramas is an art that can be developed and one that the science of yoga delivers systematically and safely.
Being the witness or drashta – seer of yourself is a core tenet of Yoga and an empowering life skill to embody. When you are able to observe the mind without reacting to its content, this creates new neural pathways, releasing habitual tendencies to re-act rather than respond. Suspending reactions frees the mind and opens up new avenues of choice and autonomy. You can often see the bigger picture and are more in touch with an authentic sense of self.
Some of the benefits this practice brings;
* Reduction of mental tension often the cause of headaches, poor sleep, digestive issues and psychosomatic imbalances.
* improved ability to concentrate
* Defrag from the constant daily input into the senses and mind
* Better ability to tune into ones intuition and higher mind
* Develop objectivity – disentanglement of binding thoughts
* Insight into mental patterns – knowing the mind
* Developing understanding and discrimination
* Reducing impulsive behaviour
* Mental peace and equanimity
* Easily implemented in daily life once you know how to practice it.
* Building a life-skill of a growth mindset.
Yoga Nidra (embeds deep relaxation and trains the foundational skills of meditation). It will be utilized as a core practice in preparation and as a stand-alone meditation practice.
Accessible asana to prepare for sitting with ease.
Pranayama (Breathing techniques) to balance the nervous system and prepare the mind for meditation.
Whether you are starting from scratch or dabbled or have an established practice, this course will meet you where you are at. Small numbers allow for close guidance, personal input and for a focused and supportive group energy to form.
I look forward to connecting
Aum Shanti, Pragyadhara